In Fall 2021, weekly DEL meetings will take place on Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM PT. To join a lab or project meeting, please contact DEL PI, Professor Sheppard.
Lab meetings will take place in the Peterson Building (550), Room 126, the large conference room off of the Atrium with the exception of the date(s) mentioned below. Virtual participation via Zoom will be available. Please send an email to Helen by the close of business on the Tuesday prior to the meeting you wish to attend and she will send you the connection information.
Fall 2021 - Schedule for DEL Meetings and Events
- Septmeber 29 - Welcome back and review of lab projects
- October 6 - Review of lab projects (continued); Review of DEL onboarding documents
- October 13 - Research update from Johannes Lampert - Initial insights into the ME218 dataset
- October 20 - Research update from Sara Atwood, Joe Towles, & Jerry Yang - Initial insights from FGLI student internship experience interviews
- October 27 - Research update from Fabian Schäfer (University of St. Gallen)
- November 3 - Research updates from Sebastian Schaefer and Felix Schwencke
- November 10 - Welcome back Dr. Greses Perez, McDonnell Family Assistant Professor of Engineering Education, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tufts University; Team Building workshop with Dr. Sarah Parikh, Building Inclusive Teams
- November 17 - Research update from Louis Erber; Debrief on Team Building Workshop
- November 24 - Thanksgiving Break - No Meeting
- December 1 - Research updates from Jerry Yang and Katharina Hermann
- December 8 - Conversation about Positionality Statements with Dr. Stephen Secules, Assistant Professor, School of Universal Computing Construction and Engineering Education, Florida International University